Monday, November 24, 2008

Keeping My Sundaes Light


Comedian Horatio Sanz Has Dropped About 100 Pounds

"I’ve been trying to come up with a joke about how I’ve lost weight and I was going to say, 'I stopped putting nuts in my sundaes.'"

Read more in New York Magazine

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while. I love Horatio. His chubbiness was part of his act though, ala Chris Farley -- weird to imagine him doing some of my favorite SNL skits as a skinny man. If i had to write a thesis again, I'd write it on the correlation between weight and comedic performance. Physical comedy just isn't the same if no extremes are involved - be it ultra chubbiness, ultra lanky, ultra short etc. Wonder if Horatio is going to have to re-invent himself as a comedian? Or maybe I should stop with my sociological analysis of weight loss, and just be happy that there are more nuts at McDonald's now for my chocolate sundae. 

No comments: