Friday, November 7, 2008

Non-Potential Friends


Look, I know Kindles are old news, but I just recently saw two people with it in the subway and I just can't understand why you'd own such a thing. You are still holding a big, chunky instrument, so why not hold a hard cover (or soft cover, for that matter) book, that has some sort of substance to it? I mean, if you like to read, don't you get joy from buying (or borrowing) books and knowing that between those covers lies a great story? Scrolling pages on a screen will never resemble the real thing, no matter what Kindle-makers say. Needless to say, Kindles make me angry. And those who buy them, and use them, are non-potential friends in my book. Similar to guys who wear backwards visors.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These things are awesome. Don't hate, son.

Anonymous said...

Agreed! Nothing can be compared to the excitement of browsing through all the books in a bookstore, flip through the pages and choose the one you like. I mean, feel the book in your hands! Well, you drive a car, you watch TV, you ride a bike (let me avoid an endless boring list here) and you read a book (a real paper book)